My doctor got me addicted to opiates, drops me /abandons me as a patient and won't give me a referral to new Doctor and the Medical Board thinks that's ok. This complaint process was started back in October.

Today I received the letter saying so much medical jargon. At the end it said they were unable to meet the burden of proof, (I guess would of had to die) required. I was a patient of Lee Copeland MD for 13 years and he abandoned me without a care for me as a patient. What kind of a Doctor does that and gets away with it?

The Medical Board of California is worthless and corrupt. I would like to know if any claims are settled in favor of the patient.

Product or Service Mentioned: Medical Board Of California Doctor.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Mar 19.

Comments

july1962

Very few. The Medical Board takes in over 10,000 complaints a year, and they end up disciplining only about 4% of them.

My sister died and I filed a complaint that they closed without even investigating.

In 1998, they were literally caught throwing complaints in the trash. They are a corrupt bunch of people.See our website at 4patientsafety (dot) org or email me at stopmicra (at) gmail (dot) com.

Doctors are supposed to stay in the same job until they die, retire, or get fired ?